The health authorities of the Chinese regime and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officials are receiving a storm of criticism for forcing the population to comply with extensive draconian quarantines. 

One child died while being locked up this week, and public outrage increased. 

The excessive controls against the Wuhan virus imposed by the regime are already beginning to be disbelieved, and the massive and compulsory confinements are exhausting the population’s patience.

Last Tuesday, November 15, a 4-month-old girl died after suffering vomiting and diarrhea while in mandatory quarantine at a hotel in the central city of Zhengzhou, official sources said.

Her father reported that it took more than 11 hours to receive medical help after emergency services refused to treat the baby and take her to a health center.

The girl was eventually sent to a hospital 100 kilometers (60 miles) away, where she met a quick death that could have been prevented if action had been taken.

The death came after the ruling Communist Party pledged this month that people in quarantine would not be prevented from getting emergency aid.

The event stirred controversy over the Chinese regime’s Orwellian measures to combat the Wuhan coronavirus, which include strict confinement in appalling conditions, persecution, and repression of those who dare to defy the rules. 

Given the strong police presence on the streets to control people from circulating and gathering in groups, the population turn to social media to protest. Thus, the internet is flooded with messages against the regime and the health authorities. 

“Once again, someone died due to excessive epidemic prevention measures,” wrote one user on the popular Sina Weibo platform. “They put their official position above everything else.”

In some places, tired people took to the streets but were harshly suppressed, preventing more people from using such forms of protest. There were also many problems with health personnel in certain hospitals.

The girl’s death came just days after a 3-year-old boy died while serving a quarantine in the city of Lanzhou. 

The boy’s father said he tried to call an ambulance after his son collapsed from a possible gas leak in his home. He claimed he asked for help from health workers at the compound’s gate where they live, but they referred him to someone else and asked him to show a negative COVID test. 

The man ended up taking his son by cab to a hospital, where doctors were unable to resuscitate him.

Two weeks ago, the BBC reported that a 14-year-old girl died in China after being forced to stay in an isolation center because of COVID. 

Guo Jingjing, the 14-year-old girl, developed a fever two days after being moved to the center in Ruzhou, Henan province. Her father, Guo Lele, posted videos where she can be seen convulsing and receiving no assistance. 

“The health workers at the center did not take care of her, no one even asked,” he said in the video, which was widely shared before it was censored on Chinese social media.

Guo Jingjing’s aunt said in a video that the girl’s six family members were in isolation, that Guo was there for close contact, but that she was fine and that after 4 days she ended up with a high fever and no one to care for her. She said:

“We have been asking for help since 3 am last night, including the mayor’s hotline and the center’s line for disease control and prevention, and we couldn’t get through.” 

How much longer will the Chinese endure the lockdowns? 

Since preparations for the 20th Communist Party Congress began in Beijing a few months ago, censorship and surveillance intensified, as did the restrictive measures applied to the population in the name of the fight against Covid.

Several provinces argued that a few tens of infected people were enough to keep their population locked up for weeks, with severe consequences for the economy and the physical and mental health of those affected. 

This series of arbitrary measures, which seem to be political rather than sanitary, made people feel exhausted and try to vent their frustration on social media.

Anger over what happened to the girl in Ruzhou spread quickly after more than 700,000 people had seen several hashtags in a short time. They were soon censored, and the posts disappeared. 

Censorship cases are multiplying, but the regime is not enough to stem the flow of information that the CCP considers sensitive or dangerous to its interests.

A week ago, shortly before the Chinese Communist Party Congress, a protester hung banners on the Sitong Bridge in Beijing that read:

“Say no to the Covid test, yes to food. No to confinement, yes to freedom.”

“Go on strike.”

The website Weibo, restricted the search, including words such as Beijing, bridge, Sitong bridge, brave, and others that allude to the event.

For its part, WeChat, China’s largest messaging app, with 1.2 billion users worldwide, began deleting and blocking the accounts of those who shared the information, posted the photos, or commented on the issue.

Being banned from WeChat, means that many of the services linked to this account will not be functional, such as health QR codes. This implies the person cannot move out of the house, affecting their daily routine, and the inability to use the linked digital services.

Sign up to receive our latest news!

By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.